We publish poetry, essays, images, multimedia, hybrid, cross-, multi-, and post-genre work. We are interested in work that does not sit comfortably inside genre labels—–work that bends or pushes against traditional limitations; that mixes, blends, and steps outside of the normal bounds.
During August 2022, we will accept submissions for issue thirteen of Ghost Proposal.
We seek work that resists, interrogates, or experiments with form. Words that describe work that we (editors) have previously enjoyed and may wish to publish (non-exhaustive): poetry, intermedia work, visual and concrete poetry, essays, video poems, translation, hybrid forms, new media, hypertext works, poetry games, poetry in the expanded field, poets’ theater, sound. If your work isn’t described by any of the words above but you still think it might make sense for Ghost Proposal, feel free to send it.
- Send us up to five pages of work, any format.
- Submissions will open at 9 a.m. EST on Monday, August 1 and close Wednesday, August 31 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- A cover letter is optional, as is a bio. A lack of either will not impact our decisions. If you wish, you may use the cover letter field to give us context for your entry, provide instructions on how to view the piece, or to tell us more about yourself or your work.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine. Let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- There is no need to anonymize your submission; we do not redact poets’ names during our adjudication process.
- We also accept translations that align with our general aesthetics. We do not require that the original text be published alongside your translations (though we do welcome it) but you must provide proof that you have permission to translate the work.
- We are not the home for traditional narrative fiction or nonfiction / memoir—there are many other homes for these forms.
- We only accept submissions through our Submittable page.
- We will notify everyone of our decision in advance of our publication of the issue.
- We regret that we are not presently able to pay our contributors. Each person selected for publication will receive a credit for one free Ghost Proposal chapbook or pamphlet.
- You may need to shrink your file in order to meet Submittable’s size limits. Please let us know in your cover letter if a higher-quality version would be available should your work be selected for publication. We will keep this in mind during review.
- If you would like to submit a video, please submit a text file or a PDF and provide a link to Vimeo, Youtube, or similar.
- If your work is hosted on a webpage (e.g. your private website or a hosting site like itch.io), you may also submit a text file or PDF containing an explanatory note and a link to view the work.
- If your file type or size is not supported and the options outlined above do not work for you, feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you find a way to submit your work.